SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
badger1977

Foundation Landscape Assistance Please

Brad H
2 years ago

Hoping for some assistance/ideas for our front yard, foundation planting. Started a "plan" which is attached. There will be a Kay Parris Magnolia planted by the corner of the house (approx 8 ft from corner). Currently there is a large burning bush and Gold Dust Aucuba. Also a burning bush on the opposite corner (far right in the photo). This will come out too along with the bushes in front of the sidewalk and the horrendous pine. In the far right where the burning bush is I was going to move the Lime Light Hydrangea Tree there.
There are 3 encore azaleas I probably will move that are currently in the area with the pine (left of stairs looking at photo).
My thoughts were to add some Kaleidescape Abelia (keeping pruned under 3ft). Wouldn't mind working in some smaller Hydrangea too.. and def a bit of perennials. Along the sidewalk I'll have a bed with low plants... perennials and what not.
Would love to hear some ideas. I wanted to try to do some "groupings" but not sure where to start.
The whole area gets morning sun until about 11am or 12pm each day. The Magnolia will be in full sun.
We are in Northern VA, which I believe is zone -7.
Thank you!

Comments (3)