SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steph_castonguay

Need Furniture Ideas! Front Door Opens Into Living/Dining Rooms

Steph Castonguay
2 years ago

hi there! I have the common issue of a front door that opens into the living/dining room. I would love to get your suggestions for FURNITURE PLACEMENT!! . We are maintaining a 3ft thoroughfare for flow and so the first sightline continues straight through the back patio doors (the stairs have an open railing). The "formal dining area" includes my dream table (80"x40", extendable to 96"/112") with 36" clearance all around. Entertaining is very important to us so we really need that second table. The living room area is 12' x 9' and will NOT have a TV or fireplace (large rec room in basement for that!) The view out the front window is the front porch and forest, which can be the focal point, or not. We'd like to create a "foyer zone", like in the attached pictures, but I can only find pictures with a sofa to do this. Not sure what other options are out there! (note- I do not care for the style or decor, literally just looking at furniture placement in the pictures). Our family entry will be a side door with mudroom. That means this front door will be used often by visitors, but can also remain pretty and uncluttered, woohoo! Also we are open to suggestions that flip the dining/ living room. Whatever works in the space. Total distance between the front window and island is 18'. Once we know what furniture arrangement works best we will start looking for furniture that will fit. Thanks for your help!! :)

PIC 1- Main floor sketch with measurements; PIC 2,3- Ideas I found online

Comment (1)