SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_bablabla75

Where can I find attractive and STURDY outdoor plant shelves?

Sarah
2 years ago

Every plant shelf I've ever bought wobbles or doesn't have enough internal structure to be stable when it has 15-20 potted plants on it. I don't think I'm over-filling the shelving, but my back porch gets a lot of wind, so most of my pots need to be clay or ceramic so they don't get blown off.

Have I been shopping in the wrong places? I've checked Amazon, Wayfair, Target, and Home Depot. It seems like everywhere I look, I see the same set of shelves that won't work:

• spindly little shelves that flex and wobble and come from the same 3-4 companies
  • metal shelving that looks more sturdy but reviewers say rusts in just a few months
  • unattractive garage-style shelving
  • stable shelves that can only be used indoors

Here's the current wimpy one that I'm using that has hardly any structural integrity, wobbles every time you touch it, and is constantly leaning so much that the top sticks out 1-2 inches over the bottom:

Surely "serious gardeners" know where to find higher quality shelving than this. It's getting to the point where I want to ask my husband to just make one for me, but we aren't experts at that kind of thing and we would rather just buy something high quality... if I could find one for sale somewhere!

Are there places to buy this kind of thing and I just don't know where to look?

(PS, please don't judge the sad state of my succulents, which are from a different part of the country and are recovering from being neglected for 12 months, a cross-country move, and living inside for a while to avoid the last few freezes.)

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!