SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmutsch

Can Appliances & Installation NOT be a part of Cost Plus Contract?

cmutsch
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

With all of the delivery delays, I ordered my full kitchen appliance suite for a full house remodel many months before needing them. I asked the GC, whom I have yet to sign a contract with, that I didn't feel the costs of the appliances that I paid for directly should be a part of the Cost-Plus contract. Given that the Thermador appliances require a bit more install finesse with the separate units for the refrigerator and the freezer, I also asked that the installation be done by the certified technicians with the company whom I purchased the appliances from. I would pay for that 100 percent.

I provided the GC with all of the specs needed for the appliances (electrical, plumbing, etc) but he is insistent that his people install the appliances.

Should something go wrong with the appliances, I would want to contact the Appliance store and not the contractor and this seems to add in more potential finger pointing.

Has anyone encountered a carve out specific to not having appliances and the installation included in a Cost Plus contract?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville