SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Today I am grateful for ____________

rob333 (zone 7b)
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am grateful that we are quietly returning to work, and each day the masks are increasingly slipping away. There are tools. There are weapons. We are coming out of this thing battered and smarter. And nothing like we went into it kicking and screaming. I feel the peace of certainty coming back. I'm just sure the rest will fall back into the new place it belongs and it makes me hopeful. I feel like others will begin to notice it too, and we'll be looking back on "what was" sooner than we realize.

I'm grateful that some things never change. I still get up and look forward to the day and the small habits that make me smile!

I'm super grateful for being drawn to my feisty girl kitty. She and I meshed instantly and her sweet almond eyes have such a curiosity now. It was fear, but now, she's confident and making strides. She went outside on her own the other day several times. She used to race away from a door opening so terrified. I'm grateful I taught her that. ME! I did it. I wish I could do it for everyone I meet, but one being at a time will have to do.

What are you grateful for today?

Comments (30)

• Uptown Gal
    2 years ago

Today, as always, I am grateful for my loving and caring family!!!! And, also, as usual, I am grateful we are well and safe in this scary World today. So grateful for those who have

homes, plenty to eat and plenty of comforts. And grateful, that I am still able to offer

some help to those who don't. Will be most grateful when that Monster who is destroying

so many, is destroyed himself.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Today I am grateful for my realtor. Hoping to get the parents’ house sold soon. And for our attorney and his staff, who are taking on the other tasks that are beyond me. And for my box of masks and for people who let mask-wearers wear their masks, because I really want to put this pandemic behind us without getting it myself.

• Related Discussions

I am grateful for winter - I

Q

Comments (8)
    Thank you Carol, peachiekien, Jim, Beth, Inga and Christina! Carol, I love Yves Piaget even though I have many complaints about it. It is by no means disease resistant in my climate and mildews quite a bit. Even in that shot you can see mildew on the stem. The spring flush balls most of the time:-(. The bush itself is lanky and sparce, not too pretty. But those blooms are gorgeous... Christina, thank you for your optimism. I don't think I will see any blooms in the next 6 weeks:-(, it is more likely to be 3 months here... Masha
    ...See More

I am grateful that my swap partner is Catherine!

Q

Comments (30)
    AM, I also smiled at the thought of you driving around, peeling tape off the box at the red lights. (grin) That pottery is lovely and the book looks very interesting, Mediterranean cooking is supposed to be very, very healthy. I don't have a scale and never have had one, now you'll probably be posting how useful it is and I'll think I need one! Take care of little Lucy, hug her for me. Hugs to you too. Annie
    ...See More

I am grateful for:

Q

Comments (13)
    Oddly enough, the power went out in my area last night as well. Was a nasty wet and kind of blustery day and evening so likely some tree close by lost a branch or fell and took out the lines. Not uncommon in my heavily wooded area :-) But also enjoy the benfits of a dedicated generator, which switched itself on in a matter of a few seconds. Power stayed off most of the night - woke me up when it came back on in the very early morning as all the appliances beep with the switch from generator to regular power. And I had left the hall light on...........
    ...See More

Thinking of Lynne and All TG Travellers

Q

Comments (0)
    I posted these thoughts yesterday, but on the wrong side. Thinking of your dd, Lynne, and all of you who are traveling during possibly dangerous weather. Today I am grateful for all my forum friends. Hope you and your families have a beautiful TG
    ...See More
  • Indigo Rose
    2 years ago

My first thought was I'm grateful for my mask as I am not confident we are out of the woods yet. Seeing so many people on the news, gathering tightly together such as at parades, etc. without protection fills me both with concern and also hope for the 'normal' we all miss. And as much as I long to retire, being well past that marker, I am very grateful to have been working remotely these past 2 years, and that I will be able to continue to do so. Seeing the devastation on the news over cities being destroyed, lives lost and people's existence turned upside down, I am very grateful for my quite, mundane life.

• Judy Good
    2 years ago

Number one is Family. Thankful for a granddaughter that we all waited so long for. We have everything we need as in Home, food, comfortable finances and love.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

Of course things like family and health and loving those who love us, but I like to also remember the little things that make our lives so much easier...like hot and cold running water, refrigeration and stoves to cook on.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    2 years ago

^^^ And now if only the cost of food would come back down!! I live very comfortably, not especially financially but in every way that is important to me.

I was going to just say that I am grateful that I don't have anything I have to do today and that makes me very happy.

• eld6161
    2 years ago

Today…..day two of our new sliders going in. Day one was over a week ago. We were supposed to get two days in a row but….company didn’t scedule right.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    2 years ago

Big: I am grateful not to live in a war zone.

Quotidian: I am grateful for having some great new work related projects. (I work for myself, and really appreciate having some structure to my days.)

• nicole___
    2 years ago

Being born here, in the USA. It really IS the land of opportunity. I'm grateful my life has only had small problems, with small affordable solutions.

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Coffee and ibuprofen.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

Friends to run in the trails with whether it's nice or pouring rain such as today.

• lily316
    2 years ago

Grateful my beloved Maine Coon survived his horrid Monday where he had two shots and a total body shave except his face, legs, and tail. He's hiding and being ostracized by the other cats. I feel so bad for him but he must have had four pounds of fur on him, some matted. He weighs 25 pounds and was known for his great beauty and laid-back personality. He looks like grey velvet now.

• wildchild2x2
    2 years ago

Grateful for my newish to me mechanic. Dropped my vehicle off yesterday. Got a call today that it's ready and he's coming to pick me up in an hour. Wasn't supposed to be until at least Wednesday. Brakes turned out to be just fine. Fixed all the little what needed fixing things and serviced the tranny. I can drive it to the ranch tomorrow. Better mileage than my truck. Win-win.

• Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

That my daughter made it safely to her new home, driving a U-haul truck and towing her vehicle behind. Which is the first time she's done either.

Friends.

Warm weather.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    2 years ago

I'm doing a Happy Dance for you moose!

• amylou321
    2 years ago

Gainful employment that I enjoy and could support myself with. And the lovely people I work with. Not my direct coworkers, though I am not UNGRATEFUL for them, but the rest of the staff there is just great to me and I appreciate it. The company I work for also treats its employees well and I do feel valued there, even as a mere night minion.

A drama free family for the most part, and the fact that if there is drama, I am never involved in it except to hear about it after it is all over and resolved.

Technology. This seems obvious but I really like to be entertained all the time. I like noise, and my phone, kindle, roku, wifi or cell network, and the platforms on them keep me amused.

My SO and all the things he does for me, big and small. Big things, like going to rent a trench digger thing to assist in the over ambitious planting project I started. Little things like going to make sure my AC is on in my car in the afternoons before I go to work and turning it around for me so its easier to get out when I leave for work. (although I suspect he does that to protect his precious race cars from me and my backing up into them....)

I am grateful for the love of my pets. I am deeply worried about one of my dogs, Otis. He is getting older and I dread his passing. It makes me appreciate them more....

Even though it is severe weather with tornado threats, right now I am grateful for the rain we are getting. I wish it was JUST rain, without the foreboding, but I not only enjoy the benefits my plants receive from it, I enjoy not having to drag the hose around our acreage on days I work to water everything I ordered and planted in a frenzy, and I enjoy a really heavy rain in general. Very soothing sound to me.

I am grateful for these forums, as they are an opportunity to interact with, enjoy, and draw knowledge from nice people that I otherwise never would have met.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Keeping our DGD and other students safe from harm as storms went thru the Mississippi State campus this afternoon. No one was injured but some trees were down on a few parked cars.

For my DH, a kind, good, loving and patient man who does so much for me and for our family. We both realized again how quickly a life can be taken after what happened to our neighbor.

• marilyn_c
    2 years ago

Spring time.

I am also grateful that I have no drama in my life. I don't have much in the way of family, but what I do have, no one is on drugs, or causing anyone problems. I have a very quiet life....and I like that.

Grateful for my pets....and especially my horses. Most are rescues and they came from bad situations. It makes me happy to see them looking so well.

I am also very grateful that I have things I enjoy...hobbies...like my waterlilies and antique roses. I never can get caught up on the work, but I am never bored, and I don't think I ever have been in my life.

• ladypat1
    2 years ago

Grateful for friends and I getting together to play Mah Jong every Tuesday. Two years ago we could not. Spring is especially welcome this year.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

Today, I'm grateful that cats purr...it's a most soothing sound....for them and me.

• woodnymph2_gw
    2 years ago

Grateful that I was born in and live in America. As someone wrote above: thankful for hot water, a roof over my head, plenty of food, a lovely view from my windows.

Grateful that I did not get Covid and that I am thus far active and in good health.

• stacey_mb
    2 years ago

I'm very thankful for a secure and comfortable living situation. Very grateful that grandparents came to Canada from Ukraine many years ago. I shudder to think of what my surroundings might have been had they stayed. I am also grateful for DH that we see eye to eye on most things and live amicably together. Also grateful for a drama free life and reasonably good health. Thank heaven for the internet, including this discussion forum, which helped to keep me sane during the last two years. Of course books are a savior too and have been all my life.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

Today I'm grateful for my cozy bed, especially when it's cold wind and rain outside, even if I can't find sleep tonight.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I am grateful for all the positivity on this thread!

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    2 years ago

rob....that's just what I was going to say! This thread is lovely....and I will likely return to it often.

I am most grateful for my husband who has been the most loving partner to me in recent times of ill health. I feel blessed every second of every minute of every hour of every day.

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    2 years ago

The first thing in my prayers every single day: grateful for my grandson and I both being able to walk.

Years ago I went through some serious back issues and wasn’t sure I would be able to walk again; however, thanks to a skilled surgeon, I can.

My grandson, now almost 2, was born with a rare genetic condition which can cause total shutdown of the central nervous system. But he was able to receive a one-time treatment which may keep him healthy his whole life. He runs and plays and climbs and laughs. And gives me Mimi Hugs.

Our health is priceless and I remember to be thankful for it each day.

• Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

My vet's office. I took Emily in this morning for the last time. They were very kind and gentle with her. Let me stay with her. And then they didn't charge me anything.

I'm also thankful the ground wasn't frozen and it wasn't raining so I was able to take her home and bury her next to her old buddy, Luther.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    2 years ago

I'm so sorry, Kath. I know how difficult that is and am grateful that Emily was eased into the next chapter in her life with grace and kindness.

• marilyn_c
    2 years ago

I'm sorry, Kath. It is never an easy decision, but it is the last kindness we can do for a beloved pet.