SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evelynwa

Do I need both sconces and over-mirror lights in master bathroom?

evelynwa
2 years ago

The renovation of my master bathroom is almost done, just waiting for the glass shower enclosure, and I'm mostly pleased.

I love the opal glass sconces between the mirrors (except for the hardware which shows, but I'm going to paint that white). But the over-mirror lighting seems wrong.

I can't figure out whether it's the color temperature, which is slightly cooler than the sconces. The LED is integrated into the over-mirror lights so can't be changed.

Or is it the style -- too modern? I thought it would pick up on the subway tile in the shower, but maybe not?

Or is it the 34" length? There was a junction box problem that would have made it challenging to put shorter lengths over each mirror, but maybe I should do that? Or should I find a longer length over-mirror light? There aren't many with opal glass and I really prefer that to acrylic. Here's one but it's only a few inches longer than what I've already got there.

I could also just remove the over-mirror lights entirely and patch up the wall. Would sconces be enough? Each sconce has two 60 watt equivalent bulbs.

Or am I overthinking this and I should just be happy with what I've got?

Comments (11)