SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephrametta

Help Me Design My Living+Dining room combo

I'd love some help designing my living room and dining room! Here are my questions/concerns >

1. The Television

Where do I put the tv in the living room? Next to the fireplace? On top of the fireplace? I really like the Samsung frame tv but I would love the option to pull it down and swivel with a good tv mount. However, if I get a tv mount will the Samsung frame, will it not look flush to the wall and defeat the purpose?

2. The Long Wall

The fireplace wall is pretty open. I dont have the money for built in's but I want to find a way to make it look less bare and more balanced. The longest part of the wall is across from the dining room table. Its not wide enough of a room to put a buffet or console table behind the chairs. So I think my option is a really big gallery wall.

3: Lighting:

I have a pair of sconces (pictured below) and I want to put them above the fireplace but I would love some reassurance on the decision. I also would like to add more lighting in general because the room is so dark. I think a ceiling fixture above the dining table and above the living room would be nice but again I am afraid to commit.

Comments (13)