SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gina_gionta

Bona Nordic Seal and Classic Seal on Red Oak Flooring

Gina G
2 years ago

I just finished sanding down my red oak floors and I love the natural look and want to keep it similar to that. I plan on finishing them this weekend, so I need to decide on colors by then because cabinets arrive next week and I need time for it to cure. I actually really love the Bona Nordic Seal and think I want to go with that (slightly tinted white but not the fake painted look). I was told that because of the white pigment, it can sometimes turn out blotchy and uneven so putting down a coat of Bona Natural or Classic seal first would help the Nordic Seal be more even.

Today I bought enough for 1 coat of Classic Seal, 1 coat of Nordic Seal and 2 coats of Bona Traffic HD extra matte.

Natural seal was not in stock, so I had to go with Classic instead. I’m just afraid the first coat of that will make my floors look golden before I put the Nordic on it. So basically right now I’m deciding between these two options: 1 coat Nordic and move on to the Traffic HD, or 1 coat Classic then 1 coat Nordic then the Traffic HD.

Does anyone have advice on how the combination one will look or if the one coat of Nordic by itself will be uneven?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (23)