SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jag1929

Cali Decking BamDeck 4G composite

jag1929
2 years ago

Has anyone had experience with this brand of bamboo/plastic decking? I'm particularly interested to find out if it has an odor when it gets hot. I've read that Trek decks smell in the summertime. Thanks!

Comments (4)

• Brandon Basso
    last year

Wondering the same thing! Maybe I can bump the thread and we can get some take.

• Linda Cloud
    last year

My neighbor has cali bamdeck and she absolutely loves it. It does look beautiful and I've never heard her complain about off-gassing or anything like that.

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    last year

I have been installing Trex since it hit the market and never heard anyone mention that it smells.

As Bamboo decking goes, I haven't heard anything about the brand you mentioned but I heard good things about Moso Bamboo X-Treme decking.

• Mark Pare
    last year

I have had Cali Bamboo decking for 1.5 years now. No smell at all. However, I wouldn’t recommend it for any areas that are continually soaked. It’s ability to retain water and expand / contract are giving real problems. Some boards are splitting, others are buckling and warping. Cali said it’s installer’s issue. The said it is documented in their manual to leave a 1/2” of space between boards if boards are to be in high moisture area. Its not! Neither on their web site! But 1/2 “ space isn’t enough. I’ve replaced their deck material on my dock. Will never use again.