SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jan_mccollough

Help with exterior update for 70s orange/brown brick ranch.

jan mccollough
2 years ago

It's time to update the trim and replace guttering/downspouts, etc! I am struggling with colors that complement the brick Roof was replaced a couple years ago and is of architectural design with light and medium shades of gra... I have included (front bottom up, sorry, that's the way they loaded.) A street view so garage door can be seen, it's a light creamy gray (close to the color of the grout on house).. Next up is up close view of entry way which is in the corner of the L shaped house. Then, view of section that sets closest to the road so you can see the limestone corners which are on each corner around the entire house. Last picture is of the side which shows the surround deck. The deck is old and will be torn down within the next couple of years and replaced with 3 season room but for now it's stained a dark cocoa brown. We are also replacing the casement windows and front door/window combo so any comments for those are also welcome and appreciated.

Here's my struggle, I really don't like the orange in the brick. That's why we went with the dark forest green last time. I'm tired of the green but afraid to make a change and it be worse! Please help with

ALL suggestions possible! If it makes a difference, we live in IN so have all 4 seasons of weather.

Exterior updates, gutters, soffit, trim and front door · More Info

Comments (21)