SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dania_khan

Input on dining room interior design please

Dania Khan
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hey All,

So I'm finally getting around to putting together my dining room (almost 3 years later lol) and am in need of design advice. I've come across some furniture pieces that have caught my eye, but have some questions. I'd like to pair the dining table (70.87" long x 35.43" wide x 29.53" high) with the diamond tufted chairs (38.19" high from floor x 19.69" deep x 20.08" wide) - 3 on one side, 1 on each adjacent side, and a bench on the opposite side. The 2 benches in the moodboard below are the ones that I've narrowed down to (and can I tell you how difficult it has been to find a long bench). So my questions are:

• How long should the bench be in relation to the table (71" long)? The darker grey is 54" long x 18" deep x 17.5" high from floor, while the one with black legs is 63" long x 15" deep x 18.5" high from floor. I'd like it to fit 3 people ideally.
  • The diamond tufted chairs are in PU leather. Would it be okay to mix and match with the diamond tufted bench, which has velvet upholstering in a lighter shade than the grey of the chairs? The bench with the burnished brass legs has an option of faux leather upholstering in a closer shade to the chairs.
  • Now for the hardware...the table's base is described as "gold". Please see a closeup below. Would it match with the diamond tufted chair hardware and which bench hardware would match better? I think the bench with the brass legs isn't close enough to go with the other pieces' hardware, but the upholstery color shade is closer to that of the chairs.
  • Finally, the only piece I actually have right now is the abstract rug. It actually was ordered for my family room, but ended up being too small (7'10"X10'10") and I just kept it to avoid return shipping charges lol. Would this rug work with these furniture pieces, or would the blue clash?

I know that was a lot, but I could use all the help I can get. Thank you in advance for your input!

~ Dania

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County