SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judygood59

Gas prices in your area

Judy Good
2 years ago

We live in Holland Michigan; our gas is at $3.49 -$3.79 a gallon. Where do you live and what are you paying per gallon?

Comments (184)

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    2 years ago

^^^ But can you pull a boat behind them?

• functionthenlook
    2 years ago

• Related Discussions

What are the gas prices in your area?

Q

Comments (30)
    Outrageous that the big oil folks and their supporters can trump up phony shortages and bilk the entire world! I live in a rural area. I use a propane tank for gas heat. It costs around $400 to fill a 250 gallon tank. One is supposed to request a fill-up, when the tank is at 25% and they only fill it 80% because gas can expand. Thank goodness I also have a wood stove to mitigate the cost of the propane. I can get a cord of wood for around $180. I bought a neat device from Lehman's Non-electric catalog (Amish country). It is a small fan, which sits atop the wood stove. It is powered by the heat rising from the stove. The fan is silent and does a good job of spreading heat. Lorna
    ...See More

Find The Cheapest Gas In Your Area

Q

Comments (11)
    No gas biddy station listed for my zip code. The closest is Bakersfield at $4.39 but thatÂs down the canyon 60 miles. Here in Kernville gas is down from last week $4.76 to $4.63. I have to go down this week so I will fill up there. I donÂt think gas prices stopped many people from coming up here. The lake was full of boats, all the camp grounds were full and the market was just crazy. Claudia
    ...See More

Gas prices

Q

Comments (14)
    I probably shouldn't admit this, but I have no idea what gas prices are in my area. I never really know, unless there's a lot of talk that they're much higher than usual and then I might pay attention. But we do so little driving - just to/from work (very close to home), gym, grocery store - that we don't have to fill the tanks often, and when do, it just is "what it is." We tend to go to the same two stations near our home, because they're convenient. I won't ever go out of my way to spend a little less per gallon.
    ...See More

gas prices in your area?

Q

Comments (40)
    western ny - here it is 2.79 or higher some places. But the PA line is only7 miles away and theirs was 2.25 today. Big difference for just a matter of a few miles. Why is NY so much higher?
    ...See More
  • Toronto Veterinarian
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

"$0 gallon cost to fuel my bicycles and tricycle :)"

I can say the same about my Tesla ;) (and it can pull a boat)

• lucillle
    2 years ago

Behind the trike? If the road was flat and the boat perfectly balanced, and it wasn't some rich person's giant yacht, maybe :)

• caflowerluver
    2 years ago

Santa Cruz, CA $4.89 - $5.79

• chisue
    2 years ago

$4.81 for premium at Costco this morning.

Why does this feel like instant price hikes when some pundit says Brazil is going to experience weather bad for the coffee trees *next season*?

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

"Why does this feel like instant price hikes when some pundit says Brazil is going to experience weather bad for the coffee trees *next season*?"

Because that's a manifestation of the fear element of the "fear and greed" factors that affect market prices. Most commodity prices and markets act that way. Prices rise or fall in anticipation of what MIGHT happen at a future time.

• tvq1
    2 years ago

Excuse the crudeness, but....

$4.19 here in New Mexico

• salonva
    2 years ago

You've got yourself a bargain at 4.19 . (that's what Costco WAS yesterday but today, $4.25.).

Locally besides Costco pretty much $4.55 seems to be for regular. ( again, this is South East Pa about 30 ish miles from Philadelphia.

• Lars
    2 years ago

I filled up today (should have done this last week), and gas was $6.60. I have a very small car, and it only took 8.487 gallons to fill it (it still had about 1/4 tank), and the cost was $56.

I think that is the most I've ever spent on gas, but I only buy gas every two months or so.

• chisue
    2 years ago

Lars -- Are you driving a bumper car on the highway -- only takes 12 gallons to fill it? I thought our old sedan had a small gas tank, but it takes 16 gallons.

tvq1 -- Humor in the face of adversity!

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

chisue, one of my German cars isn't a bumper car but it doesn't have a very big tank. I don't think I've ever put as much as 12 gallons in it. I think it holds about 12.5 gallons. That's more than enough for over 400 highspeed highway miles. plenty of range

• Lars
    2 years ago

My gas tank is 13.2 gallons, and I can easily drive to Palm Springs and back from L.A. on one tank and have a lot leftover.

I guess my tank was 1/3 full when I filled up - it's difficult to tell exactly from the gauge.

I like to keep a fair amount of gas in the tank, and I generally fill it up when it gets a bit below half full because I want to be able to drive a significant distance after an earthquake, if necessary, although I've never done so. Anyway, when electricity goes out, the gas pumps do not work.

• functionthenlook
    2 years ago

Our Jeep Patriots has a small tank compared to the size of the vehicle. It's 13.6. I also fill up when it it close to a quarter tank since the closest station is 8 miles away at camp. A tank usually lasts me a week dependingon how much runing around i do. . The 190 miles round trip to camp uses a half of tank . When one of our Jeeps dies I would like to get a smaller pickup truck.

• joann_fl
    2 years ago

the lowest I saw today was $4.25 for regular

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    2 years ago

Went out today and the Exxon was still at $4.19 while the Wawa jumped to $4.29/gal.

• chloebud
    2 years ago

Just drove by a Shell station close to us...$6.39 for regular.

• sephia_wa
    2 years ago

Took this pic this afternoon. Just outside Seattle, about 25 min from downtown.

• Lars
    2 years ago

^Looks good to me.

• angelaid_gw
    2 years ago

Our local stations (north Idaho): 4.09 on Tuesday, 4.49 on Wednesday, 4.79 today! Tell me how that makes sense?

• summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

Some gas stations near me are charging $5 for premium (by the Great Lakes in NY). I have seen people riding motorcycles and bicycles in the cold weather now, our high temp is 41F, it's not warm enough for riding yet, but people are trying to save on gas. The diesel price is pretty high $5.20-$5.80. I am wondering if trucking companies are making any profits at this rates with already signed contracts. Everything will have a huge price jump. Will have to stock up some food and supply quickly!

• nickel_kg
    2 years ago

Highest I can remember ever seeing. I wonder if the high prices will last long enough to influence people's choices when they're buying a new vehicle -- avoiding gas guzzlers.

• Elmer J Fudd
    2 years ago

"I am wondering if trucking companies are making any profits at this rates with already signed contracts."

Fuel prices always go up and down and sometimes though not always as extremely as they have recently. It probably varies from one trucking company to another depending on size and the kind of business they do. Some contracts can have a fuel surcharge provision to allow for price adjustments in such cases. I'm sure some will suffer until they can reset their customer prices. At the same time, I doubt shipping prices go down immediately when fuel prices go down so the fluctuations and short term profit effects are something they deal with regularly.

Ultimately transportation costs are passed along in final prices charged to the buyers of goods and services, whether that's other businesses or individuals. That's where transportation cost increases are borne.

Edit to add:

While the reporting seems mixed and it's unclear what's factual on the ground at this point, there was a report that a diplomat from a Middle Eastern oil producing nation expressed the possibility of oil production being increased to relieve the upward crude oil price movements of the past few weeks.

• likestonehomes
    2 years ago

Anyonne notice a drop Yet? Dan McTeague, president of Canadians for Affordable Energy, tells CP24 that he is projecting a 15 cent drop as of Friday which will bring the price of a litre of fuel from $1.90.9 to $1.75.9 across the GTA.

He said he predicts another drop on Saturday of six cents bringing it down to $1.69.9.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    2 years ago

$3.89-$4.19 in Columbus metro area today, according to GasBuddy. One outlier station at $4.31 - a Sam's Club, surprisingly. These are prices for regular.

My Honda Fit is a 10 gallon tank - I get around 34 mpg in everyday driving, and don't drive every day, so that will last a couple of weeks, typically.

• tvq1
    2 years ago

Went to the grocery store this morning--as I passed the gas station I was happy to see gas had gone down 5c, from $4.19 yesterday to $4.14! An hour later passed the same station on the way home--it was down to $3.99!

• petalique
    2 years ago

Gasoline pricing, like that of milk and certain other items, is zoned.

One municipality, $3.98/gal for reguar today.

The next municipality — about $.20 more per gallon.

At busy, high traffic intersections or interchanges, or on turnpikes, gasoline commands a high price.

I try to limit my driving. Wage workers rarely have that luxury. in terms of commuting to work.

I worry about Ukraine. My heart is in my throat. I want the US and all decent countries to do all that they can to help. To h*ll if it doesnt please the psychopath. We have to take informed risks. The despot is conniving, ruthless. We need to be strong. Anyone helping him spread deceit and propaganda should be recognized for what they are.

PS The news items on the increased gas prices always show the worst situation — some gouger in California. We must avoid inhaling news at face value; keep our perspective.

• Lars
    2 years ago

I'm glad I only bought 8½ gallons this week. Since I usually only buy gas every two months, this is not too much of a loss for me. Kevin bought gas last month in Desert Hot Springs, where our dentist's office is, and gas was much cheaper there than it was in Palm Springs or even Cathedral City, which is typically cheaper than Palm Springs.

I'm planning to go back to Cathedral City next week to work on our kitchen renovation, but I hope I can go in my own car instead of Kevin's pickup. I won't know until the sink is delivered, but I hope it will fit in my car.

• abbisgram
    2 years ago

A few days ago in Burnsville, NC, which is about 30 minutes from Asheville, a locally owned gas station dropped their price to $2.25 to help out the community. It was such a nice thing to do. If I remember correctly it lasted about 4 hours until they were out of gas. And sadly, people were taking containers to fill up. But, from what I've read on Facebook he gained a lot of loyal customers. I tried to add a link but couldn't.

• arkansas girl
    2 years ago

I would think gas prices would be dropping since oil has gone down considerably since last week. Still, gas prices are way up! I saw 3.99 at Sam's today.

• Lars
    2 years ago

The last I saw, gas was over $7 a gallon in L.A., and so it has not gone down here yet.

• Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

Went to Lexington yesterday and then back here to Wal-mart. I think the cheapest I saw was $3.90. I have to go to Lexington again tomorrow to exchange a cord for my work computer and to do my BLS on the manikin at work. I'm hoping it's still at that price tomorrow.

• Fun2BHere
    2 years ago

I paid $5.72 at the "cheap" station last Saturday, March 12. I wanted to fill up at Costco a few days before that at $5.25, but the line looked like the 1970's. I figured I would lose any savings in wasted fuel, starting and stopping the engine while in line.

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    2 years ago

Gas is dropping here already. I had to go into the office yesterday and prices dropped from $3.75/gal. to $3.69 from morning to afternoon at most places I passed. One station near my house out in the sticks was down to $3.61.

We won't see it drop nearly as fast as it went up. $3.89 was the highest I saw around here.

I filled my pickup a few weeks ago before prices got really stupid and have only driven it a few miles since. I have half a tank in my Camry so I can hold out for a couple weeks before I need to fill it up.

• Uptown Gal
    2 years ago

Mostly 3.89, but 3.75 at a local Grocery....South WI...dropping today they say.

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    2 years ago

Dropped about .10/gal here over the past 2 days., depends upon the station.

2 years ago

Prices are inching down by pennies at the low end, but still mostly at 3.89 (no change from 4 days ago). High end has most at $4.09 (from $4.19) but there are some random $4.19, $4.25 & even one @ $4.39. As posted on Columbusgasprices.com

• Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

Cheapest in my town today is $3.88. So at least not going up. I didn't have to fill up today but may tomorrow as I have to drive back to work and get a new laptop for work.

• chloebud
    2 years ago

Wow, Kath, people here (SoCal) would give anything for $3.88. Cheapest I saw today was $5.49 and highest $6.69. UGH.

• joann_fl
    2 years ago

Looks like it started dropping. It now starts $3.89. I am glad I didn't buy it yesterday for $4.19

• likestonehomes
    2 years ago

Down from 1.89L to 1.52L Eastern on.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    2 years ago

I hadn't been any place to check, spoiled girl. DH keeps my car filled for me (old habit, I had liked to be prepared for a family emergency in either Seattle or Portland and wanted to be able to get either place and back again without stopping) I did note this week when driving by the native american pumps where he often goes that regular gas was $4.49/gal. I couldn't speak to how quickly it went up, or if it has dropped at all. With him retired now, I'm only occasionally taking my car out. He often drives for me and prefers to drive his truck. His retirement gift and its as nice inside as any car with leather heated and cooled seats. The mileage of course isn't as good as my SUV, but if he's more comfortable driving it in freeway traffic, I'll fit whatever comes up into the budget.

2 years ago

A couple of stations now down to $3.79, and more at $3.83 or so, but at the high end of the range, the majority are still at $4.09. Some are inching down by 1-3 cents.

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    2 years ago

The nearest station to my house out in the sticks is still at the same price as last Tuesday. $3.61 for regular and $4.59 for diesel

• kevin9408
    2 years ago

Does a bus go by your house lone jack? The department of transportation secretary Pete Buttigieg said there is plenty of seats available on buses for us little people.

• Kathsgrdn
    2 years ago

I finally filled my tank up today at $3.889. I was freezing to death in my mid weight sweat jacket and had to go home to get my winter coat before heading to my daughter's.

• functionthenlook
    2 years ago

Gas the same price as last week. $4.29. The plus was I had 72 cents off per gallon from grocery gas perks. There are two stations close to me and they are across the street from each other at an intersection. Their prices are always exactly the same. Price fixing? There is another station being built at the intersection (coen) and I am hoping when built it will start a price war. Coen has a club where you get money off of gas and the other stations don't.

• jmm1837
    2 years ago

You are all lucky. I gassed up today in Aus, and it cost the equivalent of $6.60 US per US gallon for 98. Regular was  $6.20. Fortunately for me, my car gets good mileage per litre, and I don't have a daily commute.

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    2 years ago

Does a bus go by your house lone jack?

The only busses out here in the sticks are school busses. The closest bus stop in the outer suburbs where I could catch a bus to my office is 23 miles from my house and another 17 miles to work from there and would add an additional half hour to my commute each way.

Luckily I am still telecommuting (been 2 years now) but I think they are going to have us come back into the office in May at least a couple days a week.

• Jasdip
    2 years ago

Ours is staying around $1.76 per litre which is over $6 per gallon Canadian.

The carbon tax is going up again April 1st which will add about 10c more per litre.