SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacie_holdenrivers

Can’t Pick Countertops for Industrial Kitchen

Hello everyone. My husband and I are in the process of doing a complete gut and remodel. I wanted to use colors such as dark charcoal, soft black, taupe, cream, beige etc. and I am on the STRUGGLE BUS on how to choose between honed/matte/glossy….dramatic, solid, picking complimentary colors etc etc etc. Every time I go to the showroom I leave confused and frustrated.

Whole room (which will also include our den) will be painted brick that I have to find a neutral light color, leaning on the griege side. If I can find a super neutral thin brick we may not paint it.

Our ceiling is wood (I will not paint over) and the floors will be hand scraped red oak (that is locked in because we are extending from the other areas of the home.)

Because floors and ceiling will be wood, cabinets will have to be painted and the countertops and the rest of the colors being picked out is my serious struggle.

What has your experience been with honed/matte vs. glossy countertops.

We will have a jumbo slab size island so I cannot screw this up.

Also, what could I expect to pay for someone to choose island, countertops & paint scheme? We have the actual design of the room done, just need the above-mentioned.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions