SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_824761065

Samplize vs paint samples vs chips

Marie Schatz
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Ive done them all and have them together (samples on primed drywall pieces). All different. Not a lot but with whites those slight differences in undertones.....Not only are they slightly different but I accidently ordered 2 BM White Herons, and one Oxford White samplize sheets. Turns out they are supposed to be the same color. The 3 samplizes look slightly different from each other. As do the Oxfodd White and White Heron paint chips.Im losing my mind.Then there is the Cloud White vs White Dove. Internet reviews all say White Dove is not as creamy warm as Cloud White. Which is the exact opposite of what Im seeing. White Dove looks very much creamier slightly yellow than the Cloyd White whose undertone on the plaster board reads slightly red? Altbought the samplize is just white and the chip is similar to white Dove but brighter, like white dove has a little gray green and cloud white is brighter as in slightly yellow red.I need a white for open concept. My quartz ENVI Artic is not white. Duper tiny grey specks but the (off white) seems warm yellowIm a SAD sufferer in the great white north, gray's really bring me down. So I need a white that isnt gray or blue) but not looking yellow just not gray. SW Pure White sample sheet looks gray to me. Im thinking of having a sample made in BM to see if the different base gets rid of some of that, I thi k SW base is grayer. Simpyy white, I see that yellow. Going to get a Chantilly Lace same but doesnt that just look like white primer?

Comments (9)