SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlince

SW Harmony vs BM Aura vs Mythic paint...

catlince
12 years ago

This has probably been discussed to death, but I didn't see a thread specifically comparing these products. I'm getting the picture that Aura is awesome and amazing. However, it is very important to me to be as non-toxic as possible. I have been using SW Harmony paint tinted to mostly BM colors, but I have fallen in love with some of the Affinity colors from Ben Moore and understand that I have to have them mixed in Aura.

So I'm really debating these products. I don't find myself having to scrub a bunch of walls, and I'm having painters do the work (so I'm not so worried about the application per se). Is Aura really so fabulous and wonderful that it's worth the small amount of VOC that it involves, versus going with a totally zero VOC product? I haven't gotten to sample the Mythic colors, but online there seem to be some good ones, and I'm heading to a dealer tomorrow to get some samples of that. But it seems that the finish of Aura is really something special...depth of color that the others don't offer.

Oh and I should add that my painters are scheduled for this thursday, so I don't have a lot of time to decide or to order specialty products online, etc.

I would so appreciate any opinions!

Comments (16)