SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirsten_33

Need help with ideas on how to fix a recently renovated kitchen

kirsten_33
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi! So my sweet husband updated the kitchen of a house we just moved into as a surprise. He had the cabinets painted white which I like BUT he added plain “boxes” above the cabinets to make it flush with the ceiling and he got the LARGEST island (front of island is part of a wall he had removed). The island has a even bigger countertop with an overhang of a foot on 2 sides. The living room, kitchen and kitchen table area is now one big room. I dont like the size of island but what makes it so much worse is that the overhang extends into the living room past where the wall was. It looks insane! Looking for help on what to do with the boxes above the cabinets and this insanely large island countertop. Its 6+ ft x 7+ft. It took 7 guys to get it in here :( and a very long time. Also looking for design ideas for new lighting, window treatments, paint color, new type of table needed to work with room. thank you!!

just want to add this is a military move across the country where we bought it without seeing it and me and our baby stayed back home while he was here getting his new orders here and getting the house ready. I wouldnt have been able to give any good suggestions on the updates anyway bc all my time was being dedicated to my new baby.

As much as I’d like to cut the island countertop, I cant bc of the dust and the baby.

I am so grateful for all your advice!! this has been so incredibly helpful!

Comments (35)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio