SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Adult-onset food allergies?

jojoco
2 years ago

I just made an appointment to get tested for food allergies. I don't know of any allergies that I've had growing up, but It seems as I get older, I am more reactive to certain fooods/ food groups. I won't be surprised if my tests come back positive for dairy and soy. Dairy, because I always feel like my throat constricts (wrong word, but something like that) when I eat dairy--especially things like cream cheese and pizza. No stomach issues, but sometimes if I've had pizza, or another mozzeralla type dish, I wake myself up when my breath catches in my throat. So now I basically avoid most dairy (although hard cheeses seem to be okay for some reason). I come from a long line of chronic throat clearers and it's time to figure out why. And I'm thinking maybe soy because I've had two elbow rash outbreaks in the past year and one was while we were in Hawaii where I basically lived on poke bowls. There was much more soy in my diet this past month. I can't remember what I ate the last time it happened, but we do like soy veigh as a fairly frequent marinade.

I am hoping it won't be a gluten allergy. That would be awfully hard to adjust to.

Anyone else with adult-onset allergies?

Comments (21)