SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
layout_questions

Bedroom: Add Closet & Move/Delete Doors

layout_questions
2 years ago

We purchased a house that was previously used as a rental, but now are attempting to make some changes which will make it more functional for everyday use, rather than a "VRBO, lets cram as many beds in as we can so we can list it as sleeping a huge number of people" type of home.

Currently, the bedroom layout shown is filled with bunk beds and does not have a closet. But it does have two doors to the main living area (and double doors to the outside). We'd like to add a closet and a queen bed (and space for whatever else makes sense since it's a weird shape (sitting area? dressers? desk?).

We are open to all ideas, but I assume after we are done, we will only have one door to the interior (and it may be in a totally different location than either of the two existing doors).

In case it isn't clear from my floorplan, the top section of the room has lower ceiling, and the bottom of the room has a 5" wide structural beam that drops down and runs through the room.

A bigger closet would be more useful and one idea we were kicking around was to have a bigger opening with barn doors (as opposed to a traditional walk-in closet) which might provide more closet space since we wouldn't have to allow for the doors to open.

But I'll stop with my ideas and listen to what the internet has to say.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH