SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whmddc

Have a vision for back yard, need landscaper's knowledge/experience

whmddc
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I have a vision for *most* of my back yard. Am an avid DIY-er and gardener.

But am struggling when I hit the shady, slightly sloped area (noted in blue lines, slopes toward SW) at back of back yard.

I'm looking for someone knowledgable with Maryland (Silver Spring) slopes, drainage, shade areas, and some flagstone patio. I DO LOVE DIY, so I may break up the project. Have THEM do, some, other parts, I could do. But NO idea where to start. WHO to reach out to.

Of course am on a tight budget. Any suggestions would be welcome (besides: "buy lottery ticket" already on that) ;) . But seriously — perhaps it's just: PLANS to start? Then as budget allows, work in hard scapes? Concerned about the grading/drainage, BIG PICTURE before investing in buying out the nursery as Spring comes in this year (2022).

For reference — left side of house is apx 10ft wide. Right side apx 12ft wide.

Help, suggestions appreciated!

Thank you.

– Feelin' spring fever, already moved SOME of these plants/bushes yesterday....

UPDATE —— SHARING CURRENT PHOTO (2/13/22) of the area I'm in need of some landscape help. The garden beds will be removed/replaced (I've got that). But this photo will show the barren-ness of that back shaded-sloped area (yes, it's winter... but, you get the idea). FOR REFERENCE: the yellow circled area is what I hope to use flagstone so it's not muddy.

It's not a DRASTIC slope, but with pathways, etc. How to handle area on EAST fence, as it's already sloping down. Would like to work WITH it not ignore or go against it. Have y'all worked with landscapers who can focus on a PART of your back yard? Or just do the PLAN + Hardscape? Seeking recos.

Comments (7)