SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andreaaustria

Main room design dilemma

Andrea McDonald
2 years ago

I‘m looking to have a couple of areas in our living/main room designed. In the one picture where you can see our tv I‘m thinking about a wood feature wall, something similar to the other picture I attached. Something that looks nice and is functional as it needs to be the tv backdrop, hide cables, provide space for electronics and help prevent the sound travel up as much as it does now (it’s a tall wall).

The other area is our main closet and it is to the far left of the living room area (the stairs behind it lead into the living room). I think it would look nice to feature the same wood there, with the closet either completely wrapped in wood or just top and sides.
Also, not sure about the door there. We want sliding doors, but they have to be custom (weird size), maybe with mirrors? We have a barn door in our pantry already which is also situated in this open concept room. For this reason, I‘m not sure if it might be overkill to have one there as well (one with two slim doors possibly?).
Any ideas are appreciated!

Also, would I go to a designer first or directly to a contractor?

Thanks for your help!

Comments (6)