SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_richard96

Need help with Exterior house color for a two story boxy lake house.

Marlene Richard
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Recently purchased a boxy two story lake house. The house faces East with tons of afternoon light. We cut every tree down so you could see house and grass could grow. The back of the house faces the water and also gets tons of morning light. Very confused on what color to paint the exterior. I think a neutral color would be best. I like the grays with green undertones and some grays with blue undertones. I do not want a blue house. I just don't think blue would fit in next to our neighbors. On one side is a dark walnut stained house and the other side is a muted red stained house. Our house has HardiePlank siding. Some examples I have looked at are from SW-Underseas, Illusive Green, Ellie Gray and Dutch Tile Blue and many more that now I just don't know what would look best. I googled the shape of our house and I guess you would call it a colonional. I want to drive up and smile when I see our lake house. I want a fresh happy house. Right not it is very depressing when I drive up and see it. PS: the porch has a orange color stain, possibly cedar color. Therefore, I do plan on putting cedar shutters on the windows. I think that will give it that lake house look.

Comments (4)