SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_cassandra

Ranch house brick staining/siding colours

Ashley Cassandra
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi all

We are updating our ranch house below. The neighbourhood is in transition and lots of houses are either being redone in farmhouse or modern exteriors. Our interior leans towards farmhouse style. We are replacing all of our windows to black and replacing the bay window with a "flattened" black framed window, also getting a black 3/4 window single front door with a side light on the right side (photo attached, but a single door) and replacing the garage doors to black with stockton windows.

I'm wondering what colour we should stain the brick? We love the white and black farmhouse style but I'm worried it will look odd since we don't have a lot of siding and most white farmhouses I've seen are mostly siding. All of the brick is load bearing so it can't be removed. I was thinking maybe staining the brick and doing a board and batten siding on the "peak"? We are going to be removing the shutters since they are in bad shape but should we replace them or have no shutters? What colours of brick stain, siding, and trim do you think would look nice?

Help! Thanks!

Comments (3)