SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
likethemoon

Weird Entry/Main Floor Layout

K T
2 years ago

My husband and I are currently looking at moving into a new rental home (noting that because I can’t enact forever home/construction ideas). When scrolling online, after checking off all the essentials on our room needs list I go to space planning and furniture layout to see if what furniture we have would work in the space and/or what we may need to purchase. We found a house we may be interested in but I’m a little perplexed about how I’d layout the main floor living spaces.

Current idea -

Put our round 4-6 person dining table under the ceiling fan (pic A and C) and put our tv console and couch + couch or two chairs to make the living room in the ”den/office” (pic D). This then leaves me, though, with an odd amount of square footage right by the front door that I know needs entryway items like a coat rack, rug, storage and possibly a bench…

Design Dilemma -

BUT does there need to be some sort of divider or small sitting area with a couple of chairs or something else so the first thing you are walking into isnt the dining room? could i put a small desk and chair by the window to the right if the door (pic C)? or should i use the space as intended (living room/dining room combo)?

Comments (4)