SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dalcolli

Please help pick exterior colors for my new construction!

dalcolli
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Summary: Need help picking exterior Hardie colors on new construction

· Needs to coordinate with: bronze exterior windows and bronze metal roof over porch, river rock stone (inspo pic below)

· Like: greens, deep blues, creamy trim (Cobblestone or Navajo Beige?)

· Do not want: white, red, white trim

Our 6 acre hilly lot is located in southern Indiana, in a wooded subdivision. The other homes (there are <30 lots and most are built) are muted/natural colors in brick, stone and/or Hardie. Our builder plans to break ground next month so selections are not ordered/finalized yet but will need to be very soon. We plan to use Marvin Essentials windows with bronze exterior and a bronze metal roof over the porch. I’m hoping to find a nice river rock for the stone exterior and fireplace/chimney (any suggestions?). What I most need help with is the Hardie siding colors (not white!). I am hoping to be able to use one of the pre-finished options but the Hardie swatches and gallery vary so much. I love green and initially planned a sage with cream trim but the Hardie Heathered Moss sometimes seems more celery-like and the Mountain Sage can look like a bright avocado. Also not sure what color to do for the board and batten and whether we should do more stone (I love the look but there would be added expense).

Our front elevation

3d

Stone river rock inspo (this has me liking that siding color as well)

I like this (Hardie site says it is Mountain Sage, don't know trim, is that Woodstock Brown or Rich Expresso in gables?)

And these

Craftsman Greenville Home · More Info

Thanks!

Comments (3)