SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_44329554

Exterior door - bottom portion is stuck. can it be replaced?

fthb 2021
2 years ago

Hi, i am FTHB and trying to figure out things that i can fix myself without contracting services. I have a exterior door where the tube shaped white color bottom portion is not sliding all the way in . In the "bottom portion stuck.jpg" you can notice that when the door is closed , the white tube is not sliding all the way in (it is stuck at the place where the exposed metal has a bent) , this is causing the door not to close. When i examined the white tube like structure , i noticed that a black bush is misaligned within the white tube. In the "bottom portion misalignment.jpg" , you can notice that the black bush is misaligned where a part of it has gone inside the tube. For reference , the top portion of the same door has the correct alignment for the same bush (Attached - top portion for reference.jpg).

I tried several tools like screwdriver , to correct the misaligned bush in the bottom portion of the door. But , i was not able to. What should i do now? Can i replace the entire white tube section of the bottom door and how easy/tough it is? Also what tools do i need to remove this and put a new one. I noticed that this portion is connected at two ends to the hinges , but not sure what tools are required to remove the hinges and how to find the correct replacement part.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Comments (6)