SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jordan_love

Design Nightmare - Need Help with Second Opinion

Jordan Love
2 years ago

Hello,

I originally signed 2 design contracts with Madame Deco (Carolina) earlier this year for 2 home remodels I am working on. From the beginning I experienced issues with inaccurate measurements on blue prints, poor mishandling of purchases, inaccurate items being bought and insufficient quantities, being charged additional fees for making changes when she suggests we were already past "stage 1" (which I later received a scope of work document that should have been provided from the beginning explaining additional charges could be incurred), poor miscommunication between myself and contractors, disagreements on what the contract states the services being provided, disagreements on "procurement" (contract specifically states it does not include any procurement agreement), misleading/deceptive communication in regards to saving on purchase orders if items were bought by designer, never received "scope of work" document on the first project and only received it on second project after she suggested I owed her extra money for changes, I have requested itemized receipts for 2 purchases that were delivered to the designer's home address instead of the property I am remodeling but still haven't received (she only sent me the balance of the orders but does not show what was actually purchased), she had an amazon order refunded to her personal amazon account instead of back to my credit card, miscommunication resulting in incorrect title installation, Carolina is refusing to move forward with the original agreement of finding items for house and sending me links to order items myself. Carolina also suggested she typically gets a 20% discount in most stores so I agreed to her purchasing a few items with that one order we had issues with. I asked for itemized receipts and of the ones she provided I put together my own shopping list and realized I did not save any money at all, and she only had a fractional discount for an online tile store. I tried to explain to Carolina that it would be in both of our best interests to move forward if we could agree on the original proposal from the beginning but she suggested that it is not in her best interest. It has been extremely frustrating considering I had paid Carolina over $20,000 for these projects and it seemed like this was her first time taking on a project of my size. I ended up filing a dispute with the credit card company to try and get my money back and they are asking me to obtain a second opinion from another merchant in the designing field that states how the service was defective or did not match the description of my sales invoice. I am willing to pay someone to review the contracts and my documents to help me rectify this issue. Can anyone please provide some guidance or assistance?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!