SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_945033025

Pendant lamps to go with crazy wallpaper

Erica Lee
2 years ago

Doing a minor upgrade of our kitchen after repairing some damage. I found a crazy, funky, cinnabar red Tibetan tiger wallpaper that I adore. It will make me happy every day just to see it. The wallpaper is going on one wall only (the one pictured with four windows). We also need to replace the semi-broken pendant lights over the table. I am having a hard time picturing what might work for new lights -- something that works with LEDs (ideally), is not overly boring, but also doesn't compete with the wallpaper by being too busy. The sort of flat metal industrial style I would normally gravitate towards doesn't really work with the tigers, I think. And the overall style of the kitchen is what I can only describe as "80s, but in a good way". I am awful at this. All I know is I adore the wallpaper. Suggestions gratefully received.

As a second question, I would love your opinion on a backsplash. My husband wants to put one in on the long wall that has the cabinets/sink. My feeling is: with the wallpaper, it may just be too much. Hivemind opinions...?

Comments (27)