SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janet_carmichael

Paint Color and Rug question

Janet Carmichael
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hey all,

Our fitness center resides in one of our bedrooms next to what was supposed to be a play area had the house been inhabited by a young family. As you can see I changed out that play area to a Morning Quiet Room. I love the color yellow, it brings me sunny happiness.

My husband loves the rug in the fitness center (we had it in storage and thought to put it to use) as he stretches on it and loves the thick padding.

I want to upgrade the fitness center so that it is clean, organized and inviting. I'm adding an open armoire (hard to explain and I don't have a pic!) which is getting painted all white. In it I will have baskets holding smaller items. I'm also hanging the balls, ropes, bands, etc. on another wall.

All that being said, I want to paint the room but am stuck on a color that would go with the dark rug and then the egg yolk yellow.

Questions:

1. Is a paint color possible?

2. Does the dark rug have to go? If so, I'd replace it with a rug to sit only in front of the mirror and what color/pattern should it be?

3. Should the Quiet room rug go and if so, what color?

4. Any other solutions I'm not thinking of?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

If the pictures came through more than once, I'm sorry, I was having trouble loading.

Comments (2)