SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
floragranny

what's wrong with my epiphyllum leaves?

jasmine UKzone9a
2 years ago

the problem see on the first photo is killing my epiphyllum slowly. it's like an infection. problem appear since late autumn. it happens on two leaves at a time. part of the leaf turn soft then dry up on the edge. I lost quite a few leaves from this problem. also look at the orange spot on the leaves. I have some leaves don't turn soft but they have orange spot like on the first photo. last year, I leave this epiphyllum outdoor at autumn, then this orange spot appear. when I move it back indoor. the orange spot stop. last year, there is no leaf turn soft. it's a new problem this year. it appear only on lower leaves and leaves that grow toward the glass door. the other leaves looks healthy and I haven't water this epiphyllum for a few weeks. what I think might be the problem are the soil is very compact, very root bound in a plastic pot. I also didn't get any fresh air in this room for a few weeks now. cause it's so cold outside and full of tropical plants inside. I don't want the indoor temperature drop down too much. maybe that cause ventilation problem. I do have fan on for 2 hours every day though.

I wonder if I should repot it now and get some fresh air in for a short time every day. I am not sure.

I grow this epiphyllum from a one-leaf cutting. three years later, it become the plant you see on second photo. it's so sweet. It gives me flower from July till now. never stop growing flower. I really hope I can find a way to save it. thank you in advance for any help.

Comments (6)