SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlezernack

Paint help - Orange floor, wood, and limestone

jlezernack
2 years ago

Good morning! I've scoured the boards, Pinterest, have way too many paint samples, and am no closer to choosing a paint color for my main living area.

The space is large, spans the width of the house with little lighting. The north wall has two french doors going out to a screened porch. The south wall has a large window, there's also a covered porch.

The original paint color is very close to Totally Tan - pulls orange.

Flooring - I hate it but need to live with it as laying vinyl over the tile just looks like a bigger job than I want to tackle due to the custom wood in the kitchen with a lot of curves. If it was straight lines I'd be leaning towards changing it and covering the gaps with some trim.

I initially liked Behr's Basswood, toned down the orange (color under the stair railing). But I think it's too dark, and maybe too taupe/brown?

I painted a bunch of swatch boards, thought I liked Bleeker Beige, but after getting it on the wall it is pulling too red/taupe/brown. Hard to really see it in this picture below, Bleeker is on the wall. The tallest swatch is Revere Pewter. I took this pic last night, lighting isn't the best.

Here's an overall view of the space, this was a listing pic from the realtor. Walls are Totally Tan.

And the updated kitchen with a darker green and new backsplash. I tried the darker green in the living area and just think it's too dark.

Right now I'm really not sure if a lighter color would work, like Revere Pewter? A lighter tan color? I'm open to ideas!

Comments (3)