SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark_kasindorf

Confused about Bullnose tile

Mark Kasindorf
2 years ago

Hi. I'm renovating my main bathroom. We have a standard 60" alcove tub/shower that will be tiled with a light gray/blue subway tile. I have a marble mosaic tile for the floor that is white and has a similar gray/blue insert. I've attached photos here. My contractor is saying that I need to pick out some "bullnose" tile to finish the transition between the tiled shower wall and the drywall, as well as the edges around the shower niche he's building.

My issue is that the ceramic subway tile I picked out for the tub/shower walls, doesn't have a bullnose companion option. So what do I do? Would it look awful to have a totally different color? Would a plain white bullnose work with this color, do you think? If it's a completely different tile, does that look odd?

My plan is to add a bit of color with the paint on the walls in the room. We aren't tiling the walls at all, I've never liked that look in a bathroom, so I'm going to risk going with a water resistant paint like the Benjamin Moore Aura spa paint.

Shower Walls

Bathroom Floor

Thanks for your help!

Comments (8)