SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john_donodeo

Kitchen Gut Job Last Minute Jitters

John
2 years ago

Have been working for weeks to finalize my kitchen plan and I came up with the following. I've already paid for the cabinets and I think my plan was submitted to the semi-custom company I went with early/mid this past week.

I will say, I tend to get caught up in "analysis paralysis" which can render me indecisive, especially when it comes to huge/expensive decisions like this. So, there's that.

Basically, I'm a bit concerned about the window not being totally centered in the kitchen (not shown is the "fridge wall" which is bascically the fridge, a double pantry flanking the fridge, and one wall of cabinets, a built in wall oven/micro combo and drawers).

On the window wall, I chose the 36 range on the left side, and I wanted all glass uppers on the left side so I could have something "special" on each side. The uppers on the window wall are all 15", save for the small ones above the range hood (those are 18, since the range I chose is 36"). In the verison I have now, I have the option of keeping all glass on the left of sink, or flanking the sink with non-glass and two 15" glass to the far left as an 'accent'.

Part of me is now wondering if I should have just done two 18" glass uppers to the very far left of window, and then the rest all 15" non-glass uppers (so the window is still flanked by two 15" non-glass uppers). This would help center the window by about 6" more, but it would be smaller and still not entirely centered due to the 36 range. But, then I lose the option to do all glass to left of window, as the left window uppers would no longer all be 15", and the different sizes if all glass would look off.

As I type this, I realize I'm likely thinking about this way too much. Its just I'm about to spend so much money on what is the most important part of a house, and so I want it to be "perfect." Which I know is unattainable, but yeah. I think I will just leave it as is (all 15" uppers on window wall). Please help me get over these late minute jitters haha

Comments (32)