SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_larson59

Looking for help on balancing bathroom fixture finishes

Mike L
2 years ago

I’m a DIY’er finishing up my first tile job in a small 5x8 bathroom. Please extend some grace on the workmanship! Lol. It was properly waterproofed underneath with the full Schluter Kerdi system and sealed very well around the window. Sidenote: the picture makes some of the tiles look off color, but in person they are uniform (must be a lighting thing, not sure).

I need some design advice on two things (both related to balancing fixture finishing and colors):

1. What color mirror/frame and vanity light fixture should I go with?
  2. What should things like the toilet paper holder, towel racks, curtain rod match with?

The faucet and tub fixtures are Moen Genta Brushed Nickel. I’ve ordered a shower rod in brushed nickel and the toilet paper and towel rack are also the Genta collection brushed nickel. Those could be returned. I really like the contrasted between the white vanity and black hardware and will likely end up with white kitchen cabinets and black hardware. So I’m a little gun shy to swap those out to brushed nickel but everything would be 100% matching at that point.

So I’m trying to figure out what items I might want to return or swap out (preferably not the faucet or shower drain and valve as those were expensive purchases and beyond the return time).

I’m planning on a light blue shower curtain and towels to break up the grays and white. But I don’t know how to balance out the rest. I also need to decide on the backsplash but do plan on having something there as well.

I was thinking a natural wood (lighter color?) mirror frame with black vanity light fixture above, but I’m trying to avoid the trial and error approach on this!

One last note: the wall area to the left of the vanity has been framed out for a 14x28 recessed medicine cabinet area that I’m going to build myself and will probably have a picture frame front rather than a secondary mirror.

The rest of my house will be modern farmhouse design (interior is all being remodeled).

I appreciate any specific tips or advice on this! Thank you so much. While it’s nice being a single dweller and getting to decide what everything looks like, it’s also daunting having to make these decisions on my own! :)

Comment (1)