SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Welcome basket suggestions for someone I don't know.

I work at an animal hospital. We have hired a new vet who is transferring here from out of state. She is coming by herself initially and her husband and child will be coming when their school ends for the winter break. We are in a remote mountain town with no hotel options. I have offered my guest house as an interim solution. The kitchen includes a coffee maker, a cooktop, a microwave, a dorm sized fridge and a toaster oven. She is arriving tomorrow, probably after dark. I am putting a welcome basket out with some snacks and such. So far I have stuff to make tea/coffee, some bottled water, granola bars, single servings of cereal, microwave popcorn, ramen noodles, cheezits, stable shelf carton of milk and some little candies. I have my own chickens, so will leave some fresh eggs in the fridge. I was thinking of putting a frozen pizza that would fit in the toaster oven in the little freezer compartment, and maybe some cheese and crackers in the fridge. I have no ideal if she drinks or not so was debating a little bottle of wine but not sure about that.

What would you want if you had just finished a long drive alone(10 hours) and didn't want to go out to shop that night? Also, as it is a small town, the closest grocery store is 20 minutes or so each way.

Comments (51)