SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmnca

improving floor plan

Tmnca
2 years ago

Our home is a single story on slab ranch, very simple layout. There’s a few things that are not ideal but the main one is the lack of flow and connection between the interior and the backyard. The side of the house where our slider/patio is is only 10’ wide there, so we use it mainly as a walkway to back yard.

This is our floor plan from the original 1963. We plan to in a couple years expand the “master” powder room into an 8x8’ full bath by expanding into the storage closet and pantry. However I’m wondering if there are other things we may want to consider in order to improve the flow and make better use of our space. One idea I had is to put a door in the center of back wall losing the linen and reach in closets -replacing with either wardrobes or bump-in closets since the bedrooms are generously sized. But I’m not sure if having an exterior door by the bedrooms is ideal either. It would be nice to have better separation of space between the living and bedrooms, the hallway door shown in the plan was never built in actuality.

Comments (2)