SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atheen_

Coir and Foliage Pro in self watering containers

I understand that plants grown in coir need to be provided with nutrients. I have 3 plants that I just repotted in self watering hydro containers. I surrounded and topped the original roots and soil with coir. Since I wont be flushing the soil, I was wondering if I should alternate FP feedings to once every other watering, or bring it down to 1/8 tsp/Gallon per watering, or both.
I've also repotted my thyme in a coir/perlite 50/50 mix, also in a self watering container. The same question applies there as well.
Please, PLEASE, don't start by telling me I need to change containers. It wont be helpful, since I will not do it. The reason I went with self watering is that I simply do not have the time for anything else, right now. My mother and my brother passed away within 25 days of each other, and I'm crumbling under the weight of everything I have to deal with at this time, and topped with grief as heavy as a mountain. All my plants almost died twice, because I simply could not remember to water them. The self watering pots stay until further notice.
God bless,
Atheen

Comments (3)