SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

How do you make your coffee or tea, if you drink them at all?

Kathsgrdn
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

The coffee maker post made me wonder about this, especially after the first responder said that they would get attacked by others here for spending so much on a coffee maker.

I've used mostly Mr. Coffee machines in the past but they never last long. I also use instant coffee a lot especially when I was still in the office and after Covid 19 came along last year. No one wanted to use the coffee pot anymore after that. I started buying Blendy sticks from Amazon, a Japanese brand of single serving instant coffee packets with the sugar and creamer already in them. I still use them at home from time-to-time. I also drank instant Taster's Choice, decaf.

When covid 19 came along last year and people started panicking about being able to get coffee soon, I bought a multi pack of my favorite coffee in whole bean form, just in case. I think I bought my French press at the same time and a small hand crank coffee grinder. Works perfectly for me since it is just me here. I only drink one cup at a time, sometimes will have another a couple hours later so it's no big deal to rinse and reuse it. I ended up giving away two of those packs of coffee beans I bought last year and still working on the first one I opened. Now that I'm home all the time they are getting used up quicker, though.

Tea, is mostly tea bags. Sometimes I will buy loose tea leaves and use my infusers. I like trying different teas but usually go back to plain black and Earl Grey. I only like green tea if I'm eating sushi. I also have multiple tea pots for making green tea or had. I think I gave all but one of them away. I don't usually keep green tea at home.

Oh and what is your favorite brand of coffee? Mine is Jacobs, a German brand. I used to be able to buy it at Kroger after I moved back to the states and to my current town but then they quit selling it. I now buy it on Amazon.

Comments (29)