SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_115786574

please help. Furnishing my first home!

Alleigh Roshay
2 years ago

I’m so excited to finally own a home! I absolutely love it. It’s mine. I’ve been waiting for this day for so long…and now I don’t know what to do with what! Lol. I’ve never had furniture that wasn’t given to me or purchased on Craigslist….and I’m 32 years old. Pictures provided are from when the house was staged so nothing you see is mine. I though I would just try to copy everything in the photos but I don’t think it’s my style. I don’t even know what my style is but I want it to be more warm and inviting. I learned there might be too much “gray” going on so I want to do less gray???

My budget would allow for…
Kitchen-new hardware/fixtures/ lights in the kitchen and a dining table w/chairs

Living room- seating, rug, coffee table, and maybe a chair or bench (nothing too fancy or expensive)

I would be willing to paint because my brother-in-law is a painter and he and my sister are having 1st baby so they need the money. (Removing my guilt from spending money on painting)

Basically, I need to make this a home. I’ve been focusing on being able to buy a home for so long that I never thought about how to decorate it. I’m starting to love interior decorating stuff but this is my first real opportunity to do it.

I welcome all advice and I’m excited about my new home.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional