SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
falwy

Help with kitchen remodel - mixing metals!

falwy
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi All,

We are in the midst of remodeling our kitchen - the kitchen faces west and north. Here are some details:

Floors: natural light white oak wood

Cabinets and island: Shaker style white (Chantilly lace BM)

Countertop: blue lava quartzite Blue Lava - Precision Stone Design (precisionstonedesigns.com) (a greige color overall with shades of blue, black, grey, cream and some copper/gold veins - looks warm in person)

Backsplash: simple plain white subway tile with a beige grout

Wall Paint: Edgecomb gray (BM)

Appliances: Stainless steel

Faucet: Brushed stainless from kohler

Sink: White apron front fireclay

Wood accents include vent hood, island seating, and open shelves on one wall

Solid black walnut dining table near - and visible from - kitchen (Walnut Dining Table Large Walnut Farmhouse Table Solid | Etsy)

Dining room chandelier: Urban Globe Radial Chandelier - 6 Light - Shades of Light

My question is can I get a hammered ORB dome pendant lights (two 12 inch lights for an 80 inch island) with a copper interior (https://i.etsystatic.com/6829066/r/il/9e55a1/3285798802/il_794xN.3285798802_h1jx.jpg) AND emtek satin brass (or similar) drawer/cabinet pulls? Is that mixing too many metals (ORB and copper on pendant lights, satin brass for pulls, antique gold on dining room chandelier and stainless appliances/faucet)? OR can I count all the warm goldish tones as one balancing against the stainless? The copper is only the interior of the light. I haven't bought the lights or hardware yet. Let me know what you think, please!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor