SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cwilsongilbert

How do I choose the right white for my kitchen cabinets?

2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I had my perimeter cabinets in the kitchen painted in BM White Dove and I couldn't be more disappointed in how they turned out. Our house is west backing so we do a lot of direct sun. I purchased sample tins and painted an entire panel to test the colour and see it at different times of the day. White Dove looks so yellow and creamy in my kitchen. I used the same paint on my cabinetry in the butlers pantry and laundry room. It looks great. I now need to have my cabinets in the kitchen painted again to get rid warm yellow colour. I went to get sample cards of Super White, Chantilly Lace, White Heron, Decorator's White and Frostine. I do not want to be disappointed again. I have cool brick layed backsplash tiles, and Calacatta Nuvo Caesarstone and my island is painted BM Paloma Gray. In theory the white dove worked but there is something that's reflecting on the cabinetry in the natural light that's causing it to look like so yellow and I can't live with it, it bothers me too much. 80% of the time we don't even use lighting in this room. I need help with choosing a new neutral or cool white. Please help!

Comments (17)