SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zeek_bird

Robo mops - recommendations? Anyone tried narwhal?

scout
2 years ago

I think I’ve ruled robo mops out because I’m not sure they provide enough pressure to truly clean floors. I have been specifically looking at the narwhal since it self cleans the pads and uses scrubbers instead of sweeping a damp pad around. But I am reading about some issues with the mapping and carpets. I have tile, but plan to put down some large area rugs.

I have matte white floors and two very busy large puppies. When they come home from walks, they race around and leave black marks from the dirt/asphalt smeared on the floors. In no time, my great room floors are a mess of puppy prints. I bought a tinneco vac/mop and while the concept was great, I had to go over them several times. With a bona microfiber mop, it takes one sweep and they are gone. The tinneco also started leaking pools of dirty water after two days and the vacuum was terrible, so I returned it. I’m back to my dyson/bona mop routine.

My dream would be the irobot roomba vacuum + a robo mop, but I’m not sure the technology is there yet for the robomops. Any thoughts or experience with robomops? Thank you!

Comment