SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janineranne

Has anyone tried the new Floormate?

janiner
19 years ago

I also posted this in the Appliances forum... apologies to anyone who sees it twice.

We bought a Hoover Floormate to clean the vinyl flooring in our house in New Hampshire. It was the only tool I could find that could get the salt residue off the floor, becuase it sucks up the dirty water. Everything else I tried left a white film over the floor because of the salt. Although it worked well it drove me crazy because the tank that held the cleaning solution kept popping out, and you'd suddenly realize that for the last five feet it hadn't been dispensing anything. It got really annoying.

We now have a mix of tile, vinyl and Pergo floors to be cleaned, and I can already see the dirt building up in the grout lines of the tile floor after only being here for six weeks and only having a Swifter-type mop to use on it. I was looking forward to the Floormate arriving, but I had my husband leave it behind for the new owners of our house when I realized that Hoover has come out with a new model.

Now, before I run out and buy the new one I thought I'd ask - has anyone bought one, and if so is it working well for you? I know I can return it if I hate it but stores are never very nice to you when you return something like that after using it, so I'm trying to do my homework beforehand.

Thanks in advance for any opinions! BTW, Amazon doesn't have these in stock yet but Best Buy does, at least here in Oregon they do.

janine

Comments (6)