SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pfar54

Kitchen Layout Ideas - from scratch!

pfar54
2 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am in the preliminary/planning stages for a major overhaul kitchen relocation/renovation. A wall is being blown out and my entire kitchen is being moved to where my dining room used to be (where the illustration reads "Kitchen" at the top).

My goal is to plan as much as possible in order to do this right. To get a plan in place, I am building this in sketchup (and learning how to do it along the way). So far I have the basic footprint of the area and attached room.

Right now, I am stuck on the next part. Figuring out how I want to layout the kitchen. I have looked all over at examples but I cannot find anything with my footprint. A very long, but depth lacking kitchen. So, I am hoping to receive some of all of your expertise.

How would you create this layout? I am hoping to add a lot of windows to the back wall (where notated). Overall, I would like the kitchen to feel open with nice spacing between everything and very functional. I would like a nice large island (10 ft or so). I'm truly stuck on where the fridge/stove/microwave/stove hood and everything else should be with the cabinets. Any ideas?

Ps - I will be building the cabinets so I can go out of the box there.

Comments (9)