SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missb_remodeling

Is it ok to just start with cabinets?

missb_remodeling
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are planning for a full kitchen tear out next year. Floor to ceiling and everything in-between.

We are working with a kitchen designer. Dh and I have settled on a cabinet style and brand and have narrowed down our color choices to two options, pending receipt of sample doors. (medallion platinum bayside, full inset with beaded face frame in maple, prepainted a version of white that will work in the space and lighting.)

We are working as the general. All the contractors are backed up. All of them. We are planning for five months for now for cabinet install, assuming I can get the hardwood floor installed in the timeframe I need.

I’m waffling on counter type and color. Other than adding time to the overall project, is there any downside to waiting until after the cabinets are installed to decide on a counter material and color? I’ve already put off any decision on backsplash until after counter and wall paint.

We have zero plans to move. i will live with this kitchen for a very very long time.

Comment (1)