SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leeenie

Kitchen layout help for new build

leeenie
2 years ago

Hi, we are doing a new build and this is the kitchen/family/dining footprint that we have to work with. I'm a little concerned about the left side "appliance wall" being packed with not much counter space especially since the fridge/freezer will be 60 inches (so larger than the drawing shows) and the stove will be 48 inches. There also will not be much upper cabinet space - just the one or two next to the DW - unless we crowd in around the range hood which would be less preferable visually than leaving some space there. There is a large pantry to the left (doorway next to the fridge), so storage overall is not an issue, just access to everyday dishes. I thought about adding a wall between the island and the dining room and putting some appliances there, but it would be a bit tight, would have to shorten the island, and would block the light coming in from the bottom (East). The "breakfast" space seems like a waste of an empty space since it would not make sense to put another table and chairs there. We could extend the counter down next to the dishwasher to make a partial U shape, but it would impede access to the back door patio and across the room.

I don't think there's a better way to do this, but thoughts welcome, if only to allay the concerns in my mind!

Comments (25)