SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Festive Floof! Spooky Movies!

amylou321
2 years ago

MMMWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!

Do you like scary movies? I most certainly do NOT! Not at all!

Every year when I put up my Halloween display at work I play "The Great Pumpkin" movie on my projector. Its for sure just to add to the aesthetic of the decor rather than to provide entertainment. Hardly any truck driver has the time to sit down and watch the whole thing, much as many of them would like to and often have to tear themselves away from it. There are always those few people though, who HAVE to render a suggestion to me about the movie. Always someone wonders why I am not playing some gory horror movie. Yuck.

My day shift counterpart, who for the most part just enjoys the decor and goes with the flow, decided to chime in this morning to ask WHY I never play Hocus Pocus. They cannot even SEE the movie during the day! Its not dark enough in here with these massive windows that plague this building!

I did try to play the Garfield Halloween special one year and lots of people were confused. I guess there are not many truck drivers who grew up on 90s Saturday morning cartoons. Their loss.

Other suggestions have included The Adams Family Movie, Old episodes of the Munsters, Casper the friendly ghost, Hotel Transylvania, The Nightmare Before Christmas and I am sure many others, including those horror films that I try to stay FAR away from.

For now I think I will stick to good ole Charlie Brown. Everyone is familiar with that movie, and it puts a smile on almost everyones face. ( I have toyed with the idea of playing The Nightmare before Christmas, as I am a die hard Oogie Boogie fan. But I just do not think it will have the same effect.) And its MY decorations, and therefore MY call.

Do you have any favorite Halloween Movies? For my own entertainment, I stick to my favorite 3: Great Pumpkin, Garfield, and Nightmare Before Christmas......

Comments (33)