SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nycbluedevil_gw

New kitchen finished just in time for the wedding!

nycbluedevil_gw
2 years ago

So on June 15, we started a massive renovation of our country house kitchen, laundry room, mudroom and walk-out bathroom. Our daughter’s wedding is this Friday, October 8. I was confident that we would finish in time but the confidence was not shared by DD and her fiance, who have been living out here with us since the beginning of Covid. Well, it all worked out—we are done! Just a few minor punch list items to go. Also waiting on our new stools and table and chairs formthe breakfast area. I just had to share!

One really great thing is that I figured out how to reuse almost all of my old kitchen, which we refreshed six years ago when we bought the house, with all new appliances, new counters and faucet and sanded/clearcoated cabinets. But I just couldn’t live with the slate floors anymore (interesting but very poorly executed) and other things really needed some improvement,

so we bit the bullet and started over.

A majority of the old cabinets and Whitehaven sink and counters now live in the laundry room and our upstairs bonus room. The soapstone counters, which I really loved (but wanted to go lighter) were recut for the laundry room and bathroom. We re-used the Waterstone faucet at the main sink and panelled the Miele dishwasher. Kept the Pottery Barn pendants—just added a third one. The fridge went to the garage. Only the induction range and hood were discarded, and they went to habitat.

Attached is a photo of the old kitchen, three photos of the new kitchen and a shot of the laundry room.

Comments (27)