SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_green63

Would you complain about this countertop install?

Ashley Doblado
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Our home we our building is finally almost complete. Last week the countertops were installed and I am so upset. I’m not sure if I’m being too picky or not? Either way I know that I will not be able to walk near the kitchen without my eyes going straight to the island countertop. We are building with a big-name builder but because of the market craziness of the last year big-name builders in our area are breaking contracts left and right and then turning around and reselling the houses to different buyers for a couple hundred thousand dollars more than the original price. The contract says that neither builder nor buyer needs a reason to terminate the contract. The contract does not state that the island will/will not be one slab or multiple. I actually called the manufacturer to make sure that there were slabs on hand and large enough for our island. They told me that yes in deed we can get a slab of courts that will fit our island without having to get multiple pieces.What do you think? Would you risk complaining and demand one slab? Or suck it up?

Comments (29)