SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lacrossenc

Broken countertop installed & drywall cut... what would you do?

Nina Kinney
4 years ago

Hi all! We're wrapping up our kitchen renovation and we had our new countertops installed yesterday. There are two issues: First, the countertop had been broken in half at the sink. The installer repaired it with epoxy and sanded it to be smooth, but it's noticeable with the undermount sink and they didn't bring it to my attention which seems very deceptive. Second, they must've measured incorrectly when they did the template because the stone arrived too long, and instead of grinding down the far end they cut into the drywall in a location where I'm not planning to put tile.. so I'll have to repair the wall.

After seeing this I put a stop payment on the balance check and sent him an email explaining these issues. It's worth noting that this countertop was $110/sqft and we went with this distributor/installer even though he was much more expensive because he had a great reputation and I thought he would do a good job. How would you handle this if this were your kitchen?? What's a reasonable solution?

Crack at the front of the sink

Crack at the back of the sink

Comments (9)