SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alice462

How brave would you be? Counter top choice.....

alice462
15 years ago

I am working on finalizing countertop choice for our island - 118"x48" - perimeter counters will be soapstone, w/exception of small side top on lowered cabinet area for baking center - this will have same as island. Have decided on marble, but now to determine which marble?? Hopefully can insert pic of the samples:

this is an overall much more muted marble, not as much contrast between the veining and background. Safe enough look, I think

This marble has much heavier veining, more contrast between veining and background. Statement maker....

I have only seen a large slab of the heavy veined and did not have my door sample yet. when I put the other colors with it, they really popped, but wondering if it would get tiresome. Working on the distressing pattern of the doors so forgive the irregularity in the corner. Hutch in honey stained alder, island in cocoa stained alder, which I see looks almost black, but is really very rich brown. Cabinets will be the blue/grey you see -- really changes in the natural light, looks much more blue on my monitor.

Comments (14)